Friday, December 18, 2009

Big Update

Tonight I'm "going live" with an update to my main site (which is what you are looking at right now, hopefully, after being redirected from r6753.blogspot.com) which contains all my new work. Since creating the new site I haven't got around to doing a lot of Processing but I have uploaded a new sketch in honor of the big update.

It may not seem like a big update, but it was quite a pain. This site (accessible via http://r6753.com although it is currently at http://studentpages.scad.edu/~rbraue20) now pulls my posts from Blogspot. I'm using Magpie which in turn uses a PHP library called Snoopy that acts like a web browser usable inside scripts. Snoopy gets the feed and Magpie formats it for display. I'm not sure if its the best solution as the project looks a little run down but it seems to work okay so far. It seems to lag behind a little on the updating with new posts. I don't know how its cache system works and its not to well documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment